The History Of AL-KO

History & Today

The AL-KO Kober, founded in 1931 by Alois Kober as a locksmith in the Bavarian-Swabian Großkötz near Günzburg, is today a total of 50 locations and 4,200 employees worldwide the leading providers in the areas of automotive technology, garden equipment and aircraft. Now in its third generation, the family is still out in terms of its founder – with a constant quest for quality, innovation and sophisticated functionality combined with contemporary design, comfort and reliability.

In Australia

The company has a long and proud history in Australia spanning back to 1946, when Hornby Engineering was founded and started to produce axles in South Melbourne. In 1974 this company was acquired by Girlock and with the acquisition of two other companies in Sydney and Brisbane it became Australia’s largest company in its field. In 1988 the German AL-KO Kober Group acquired the company, which signalled the start of a new era of international involvement in New Zealand and South East Asia. The company’s strong growth over the last decade has been driven by product range expansion and innovation that has further enhanced AL-KO’s position as market leader in its field.

AL-KO’s Australian head office and main manufacturing facility is located in Melbourne, with further factories and offices in Sydney and Brisbane.

ueber_alko_unten_kc

Sign up to our newsletter to receive hints, tips and vip only special offers.